Principal Investments Solutions Architect - Data Harmonization
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS is looking for an Investment Solutions Architect who will work in conjunction with the Investment Data Office to design the technology solutions to achieve the long-term strategic initiative to unify and harmonize our investment data. This initiative enables enhanced investment decision making, risk management and client reporting for our multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients.
The Investment Solution Architect translates business and technical requirements into architectural and implementation blueprints for investment solutions, leading evaluation, design, and analysis for solutions implementation. The Investment Solution Architect has a deep understanding of investment goals, objective and outcomes, business capabilities, value-streams, and business processes. The solutions architect provides the necessary leadership and expertise, analysis and design tasks related to support the development of technology standards and solutions to ensure that solutions meet investment and business needs and align with architectural governance and standards. They create deliverables for managing the MFS's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions for investment data - including systems (applications, processes, and information), services (applications and infrastructure) and components to enable and drive targeted investment outcomes.
Reporting to the Director of Investment Data Harmonization, and working in conjunction with the Enterprise Applications Architecture team, this position will ensure that all enterprise standards, enterprise application strategies, best practices, guidelines, and metrics are defined, reviewed, and implemented within Investment Data Harmonization initiatives. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Examine current investment systems architecture, and work with the Investment Data Management office to recommend solutions that result in best-in-class investment systems solutions. Works closely with the Investment Data Office and business leaders to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the solution lifecycle.
- Provides expertise and expertise to collaborate with the product owner, application architect, data architect, and agile teams throughout the product life cycle.
- Promotes alignment of the Investment Data Management Applications strategy with the Enterprise Architecture strategy, patterns, and standards. Actively participates and drives buy vs build strategic decisions in alignment with Enterprise strategy.
- Understand and determines the integration of third-party platforms and internal systems.
- Understands investment drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determines corresponding investment system designs and change requirements to drive the targeted investment outcomes for MFS.
- Understands emerging technology trends and disruptions and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models for investment data and leading Asset Management firms.
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve investment objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Analyzes the technology industry, competitors, and market trends, and determines their potential impact to MFS. Acts as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms, and vendor offerings to drive targeted investment data and business outcomes.
- Leads evaluation, design, and analysis for the implementation of a solutions architecture across investment business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements and enterprise standards.
- Creates architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution development across products, services, projects, and systems (including applications, technologies, processes, and information) for the Investment Data Office.
- Creates reference architectures focused on detailed design principles, decision points, detailed APIs, major systems and dependencies between the front, middle, and back office for investment data.
- Manages and develops the architecture for a broader scope of projects or products, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or product or initiative.
- Analyzes the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) for investment to detect critical deficiencies, legacy, and technical debt, and recommends solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation, and innovation).
- Defines the principles, guidelines, standards, and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions for investment data are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Supports product managers in EOL (end of life) product decisions to maintain, refresh or retire products, services, or systems (including applications, technologies, processes, and information).
- Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements for investment data.
- Provides consulting support to application architects within agile teams to ensure investment data project(s) or product(s) is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Computer Science, Business Data Processing, Computer Information Systems, or related field is required. Master's degree a plus.
- Minimum of ten years of investment system solution architecture experience. Deep understanding of SDLC/DevOps and 7+ years of hands-on experience in software design/ development. Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments.
- Solid understanding and experience with investment management focused application platforms (Charles River, Eagle, IBOR technologies, and data management solutions).
- Proficiency with Cloud Architecture and computing models (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc.) with industry certifications a strong plus. Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- 10+ years of experience within the investment and mutual fund management industry
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies, and roadmaps with passion for technology and delivering solutions in integrated data environments.
- A strong influencer who can integrate effectively into the organization, combining facilitation skills with a results orientation to deliver excellence and execution.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Good understanding of product management, Agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and technical and skills.
- Skilled at influencing, guiding, and facilitating stakeholders and peers with decision making. Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations with the ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements.
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives with the ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."