Principal Enterprise Architect - Distribution
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Principal Enterprise Architect directs the execution of enterprise architecture analytical iterations, establishing current state, future state and associated road maps to drive MFS' business technology forward. You will work collaboratively with both senior management as well as technical staff to facilitate this process, identifying strategic business objectives and the technology solutions required to achieve them. Technologies and road maps relevant to Sales/Marketing/Investment Distribution will be key areas of focus for this role.
The Principal Enterprise Architect is a senior level expert in business technology architecture, with extensive expertise in the design, implementation, and ongoing operation of information systems coupled with direct and deep experience in the investment management industry and its associated technologies. The Principal Enterprise Architect has exposure to back, middle, and front office investment management technologies, including underlying technology infrastructure and information management architectures.
- Identify MFS key business capabilities and recommend prioritization of enterprise architecture iterations, working with Management to determine where enterprise architecture can drive the most business value.
- Direct the execution of enterprise architecture iterations, identifying scope, objectives, deliverables and timeline. Facilitate the enterprise architecture process, marshalling resources across the business and Global Information Technology organizations, ensuring project deliverables are achieved on time.
- Aid in the implementation and evolution of the Enterprise Architecture program at MFS, including process and framework design for analysis, governance, and refinement of the function.
- Collaborate with the Director of Enterprise Architecture to develop forward thinking strategies and actionable roadmaps to implement those strategies.
- Effectively communicate complicated, often technical, concepts clearly and articulately through non-technical means, to ensure that all stakeholders are suitably informed.
- Partner with Sales/Marketing/Investment/Distribution stakeholders on defining, documenting,
- and driving technology and application strategy.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends and evolving technologies that could be leveraged to add new capabilities and improve operational efficiencies. Proactively assess these technologies for applicability within the MFS information systems environment, integrating as appropriate into MFS' technology vision, strategic plans, and roadmaps.
- Conduct analysis, coordinate decision-making, and inform MFS Management when issues arise that impact the content or delivery of projects.
- Maintain management reports that will track progress of outstanding projects, system enhancements, and other key elements.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Extensive, broad and deep holistic knowledge of multiple technologies and their applications to business problems across technical architectures and technology silos.
- Ten or more (10+) years of Information Technology experience in the Investment Management industry, specifically in the technologies that support core investment management sales, marketing and distribution processes.
- Familiarity with front, middle and back office processes desired.
- Product evaluation skills and exposure to key Sales/Marketing applications such as Salesforce, Adobe suite, etc.
- Strong knowledge of multiple technologies, platforms, and programming languages.
- Strong understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models including working in an Agile organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees at all organizational levels.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects and initiatives efficiently and effectively in a well-organized manner.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."