Portfolio & Reporting Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Portfolio Reporting Analyst assists the Investment teams, Quantitative teams, and other business units using MFS portfolio and index characteristics data by ensuring the integrity of all of the data utilized in the Account and index Characteristics process. Portfolio Reporting Analysts provide reports and raw data from the investment systems and prepare historical and current day information in order support business users throughout the firm.
- Prepares all data used for portfolio and benchmark account characteristics processes throughout the firm, including the investment area, Client Reporting, Product team, and Distribution areas and external trading partners.
- Performs the role of the subject matter expert for all investment data related projects. Dedicates time to meeting with Business Analysts and clients as necessary to scope out work, complete business requirement documents, reviews Specs and assess process change and impacts in order to successfully completing projects.
- Creates new processes, identifies areas for automation and resolves day to day issues by working with Internal technology and business partners. Acts as Data Steward and Data Trustee within Data Governance organization by providing definitions, usage requirements and general guidance on characteristics and benchmark related data elements.
- Uses acumen and experience to make key decisions during project development and escalate issues to higher management levels when necessary. Represents the Middle Office Risk and Portfolio analyst teams and ensures that the necessary considerations about data and processes are being addressed throughout the life of a project and ensures successful implementation.
- Creates and produces as wide variety of portfolio and index characteristic reports aimed at enhancing the investment process for all areas of MFS including the MFS Investment Management Committee, Board of Directors and to be used in fulfilling various regulatory reporting requirements.
- Collaborates with the MFS Data integrity and the Risk System Support team to ensure that security master data in the trading and inventory systems is consistent with the data in the risk systems on a daily basis, and for month end reporting periods.
- Monitors a variety of data checks to ensure the accuracy of all portfolio and benchmark data used throughout the firm to minimize the risk of erroneous data being used on client reports and risk management reports.
- Acts as front line support for all business users that require Trading Systems updates in order to perform investment related tasks.
- Provide historical portfolio and benchmark characteristic information for regular and ad-hoc request from Client Reporting, Legal, Compliance and Distribution areas, as well as field adhoc inquiries from RFP and Product specialist teams
- Identifies areas for automation around data delivery throughout the firm and works with MFS technology to develop those ideas, from planning and testing all the way through to implementation.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or math-related field. (work completed towards a Master's degree or CFA a plus)
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience with investment systems, especially Bloomberg, Charles River Investment Management Solutions and Eagle.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, database knowledge and macro programming.
- Strong problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well as exercising independent judgment.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."