- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Equity Product Management group at Wellington Management works closely with our equity investment teams, relationship teams, and business colleagues across the firm to support our clients' investment needs. Our equity investors span a wide range of disciplines, geographies, industries, market capitalizations, and styles. The product management function has three main objectives:
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING
Product Management contributes to client growth and retention by assessing business opportunities and leading business planning, developing new products and investment solutions, creating the communication strategy for the book of business, including materials that differentiate the product relative to competitors and acting as a subject matter expert and portfolio representative for colleagues, clients and consultants.
INVESTMENT INTEGRITY AND RISK MANAGEMENT
Product Management acts as an independent advisor to ensure the integrity of the investment and risk management processes, as well as consistency with client parameters and objectives, conducts regular product risk and performance attributions reviews, and contributes to formal, investment review group processes.
Product Management contributes to business management, including managing risk, capacity, pricing and guidelines, leads resolution of internal business challenges, and collaborates on product management business to share investment integrity, marketing and product development best practices.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Equity Portfolio Specialist will work as part of one or more product coverage teams, led by an Investment Director. Specialists work closely with the Investment Directors, investment teams, and business professionals to contribute to efforts centered on reviewing and evaluating the integrity of our equity approaches, positioning approaches for success in the marketplace, and helping to manage business issues such as capacity, fees and guidelines associated with portfolios under coverage.
Responsibilities include performing analyses that ensure portfolio integrity by providing oversight of portfolio
positioning, performance, and risk exposures. The individual will also contribute to the development of new investment
strategies and client solutions, conduct market and competitor analysis, evaluate product overlap and capacity trends
and prepare white papers and presentation materials that serve to differentiate our portfolios. Over time the individual
will participate in meetings with clients, prospects, and consultants to communicate our investment philosophy,
strategy, positioning, and performance.
Success in the role requires demonstrated interest in equity investing, being conversant on investment related topics, and a development mindset. A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism are essential, as are creativity, initiative and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with tight deadlines.
Further qualifications include:
- At least 6 years of relevant industry experience and a record of achievement
- An MBA and/or CFA is desirable but not required
- Strong critical thinking skills, comfort with ambiguity, and a willingness to take initiative
- Advanced analytical skill including the ability to frame issues, identify important points, and draw conclusions
- Attention to detail combined with a solutions-oriented, strategic mindset
- Solid judgment, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take a differentiated perspective
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings
- Articulate with an interest in developing presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a global team
- Strong technical skills; mastery of MS Excel and familiarity with Factset are a plus but not essential
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize time well
- Grace under pressure with an ability to adapt and get things done
- A global perspective and/or language skills are viewed favorably.
- Willingness to travel
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .