Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of December 2018, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are looking to hire a Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst. Based in Boston, the ideal candidate will work with the High Yield/Bank Loan Team to implement their investment strategies in client portfolios.
RESPONSIBILITIES Primary responsibilities:
- Interacting closely with Portfolio Managers and Traders to ensure timely and accurate execution of investment strategies across client portfolios;
- Rebalancing portfolios in response to investment strategies, cash flows, benchmark changes, market price movements and changes in client guidelines;
- Monitoring positions and verifying that transactions are consistent with client guidelines;
- Interacting with many areas of the firm to improve processes and minimize operational risks; and
- Monitoring performance, risk exposures and key market sensitivities of positions in portfolios.
The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated strong understanding of, and interest in, fixed income investing;
- Advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and a detail oriented mindset;
- Proficient programming skills in Python is preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm;
- Ability to think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and trades; and
- Strong academic credentials. An undergraduate degree is required. A post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA), or progress towards one, would be viewed favorably.
Portfolio Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .