The candidate will be responsible for defining, planning and implementing technology solutions to achieve Securities Finance strategic and tactical directives and industry/regulatory mandates. The individual will be responsible for working with Business and Technology counterparts across global sites as a Business Analyst and use their knowledge of the business systems, industry, and system development lifecycle methodology to direct the execution of complex projects throughout their life cycle. Major Responsibilities:
Level of Education / Qualifications:
- Lead business working sessions, interview end users, and perform system analysis to gather requirements.
- Drive the analysis of current processes and recommend solutions and improved processes; may provide counsel on impact of systems changes to business processes.
- Decompose abstract and complex details/concepts into business and functional requirements that can be understood by the stakeholders (i.e. end users, developers, testers, etc.)
- Document project requirements and other project related documents with clear and concise language consistent with methodology framework.
- Advocate for business area regarding system needs and requests. Negotiate with the various delivery teams to ensure solutions meet time to market and business needs.
- Work with the project team to develop and manage project plans including issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Consult with users, developers, testers, and implementation specialists.
- Direct the development of end user training plans, (business level) user acceptance test plans, and implementation plans; communicates to senior management and business representatives.
- Instruct, guide and supervise project team in the resolution of issues, risks and impediments.
- Partner with technology and business managers providing overall strategic leadership in developing and maintaining disciplined processes.
- Ensure governance with the project methodology standards, documentation, and approvals (e.g. project artifacts, tollgates, etc.)
- Manage participation from required stakeholders to ensure accurate deliverables
- Manage cross team dependencies with other business and IT areas.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technology, finance, business or equivalent.
- At least 6+ years of related professional financial services and project management experience.
- Experience with market/settlement processes (e.g. Custody Services, Securities Finance/Lending).
- Background in software implementation in the Financial Services industry working as a Business Analyst and/or Product Owner.
- Experience with mainframe and open system (e.g. Java, Oracle) applications.
- Proven experience implementing financial systems using standardized SDLC methodologies and tools (e.g. AGILE).
- Experience working in an environment managing multiple, concurrent projects with shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, presentation and faciliation skills.
- High Level of proficiency in MS Office (including Project, EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio) and SQL.