Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Using discretion and judgment, calculates and reviews performance numbers; researches complex performance issues; generates and distributes performance reports to internal and external customers.
Principal Responsibilities :
- Responsible for accuracy of data within performance database, including total net assets, shares outstanding, net asset values, distributions, loads, expense ratios, etc.
- Ensures proper historical data exists within performance database to meet all regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Responds to complex questions regarding performance calculations and performance reports posed by various departments (legal, sales organizations, investments, operations).
- Provides performance data to various market data services to ensure accurate calculations by third parties (i.e. Lipper, Morningstar). Identifies differences between third parties and MFS, researches and resolves the differences, as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains procedures relative to performance related tasks.
- Comprehensive understanding of how to use the systems and technology required to calculate and report performance numbers. Participates in testing of new or upgraded systems and technology.
- Assists Team Leader in reviewing daily reports, resolving performance issues, etc.
- Understanding of the GIPS standards and applying the standards to ensure that MFS stays in compliance with the standards.
- Create and maintain GIPS composites.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a diverse environment where production, controls, and daily deadlines are required.
- Experience with performance calculations required.
MFS currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except employees who are entitled to an exemption from vaccination as an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."