Oversight Analyst - Private Funds, Officer
Are you a hardworking and motivated individual?
Are you excited at the opportunity of joining a brand new team?
State Street Global Advisors is looking for a principal to join a newly formed private funds oversight team.
This team is responsible for the governance and oversight of all aspects of any private fund within SSgA including NAV control, pricing and regulatory reporting. Some of the key responsibilities for this team include: Improving internal controls, staying abreast of regulatory reporting/Dodd Frank updates, monitoring regulatory reporting related policies, and other ad hoc regulatory reporting projects. Additionally, this person will be responsible for assisting in the launch of a new 130/30 product as well as supporting any other private funds within the SSGA pipeline. This is a highly visible role within a newly created team. As Oversight Analyst you will:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Supporting the execution of the governance framework over regulatory reporting
- Onboarding of new filings as we look to constantly improve the current workflow.
- He/she will act as liaison with third party vendors on most alternative products.
- He/she will be the lead as we onboard new products and/or regulatory reporting filings.
- Build strong, long-term relationships throughout State Street organization.
- He/She will monitor trade settlements and reconciliations for alternative products.
- Perform and review daily/weekly/monthly procedures & controls monitoring the prices utilized for securities held in the funds
- Monitor, assess and respond to end of day valuation inquiries to support daily NAV production
- Examine and analyze complex security pricing issues and market events; calculate and review pricing determinations, as applicable
- Assist in the preparation and review of materials presented to the Valuation Committee and Fund Boards of Trustees
About State Street
- 5 plus years working experience in accounting or regulatory reporting functions in a financial institution
- Deep understanding of valuation of corporate actions and all security types (i.e. equity, fixed income, futures, swaps, options etc.)
- Direct experience in valuation operations and/or oversight
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance
- Experience with alternative products such as FX forwards, bonds and other derivatives.
- Knowledge of the life cycle of a trade, interacting with a hedge fund administrator and prime broker(s).
- General understanding of collateral as it relates to an alternative product.
- Hardworking, positive attitude with a strong team orientation.
- You will bring positive relationship building technique, analytical skills and a high proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Has a passion to win, always look for new ways and support innovation Accepts ownership and accountability.
- Ability to work well in the framework of a small team environment and raise ideas to managers to support operational improvements.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
What we do . State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow . We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility . We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers