This position is responsible for monitoring the day-to-day functioning of a unit(s) to uphold the public trust of managing valuables within Cash Services. Incumbents ensure the performance of the day-to-day activities of staff and operations as well as execution of initiatives and changes with the department.
1. Plans, organizes, directs and controls daily activities within assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure strict adherence to a set of defined rules and regulations, including those outlined in the Treasury Currency Operations Manual (TCOM), Custody Control Principles and Standards (CCPS), and internal District Cash Procedures and Bank policies - Using accounting operating systems and Cash Services unique inventory and processing applications, manages inventory, back logs, etc to ensure compliance to stated requirements.
2. Provides coaching, mentoring, motivation and performance assessment for staff relative to high quality standards, stringent procedures, controls, and attendance requirements, challenging productivity goals, all the while promoting an inclusive environment.
3. Facilitates communication and cooperation across the department to ensure local and System objectives are met
4. Leads and/or participates in unit meetings
5. Provide business expertise and experienced leadership to stakeholders in order to conduct unit audits and investigations, respond to customer and vendor questions, recommend and implement process improvements, etc.
6. Provides support to FRB Boston, Board of Governors, Treasury and other external auditors in their examination of Cash Settlement, Currency Destruction and Cash Accounting records
7. Formulates ideas for changes in the unit/department, policies and procedures, as well as changes to existing policies and procedures.
8. Assists/leads with the development, coordination, and implementation of cross-functional projects that may involve software upgrades, equipment installations, changes in business processes, etc.
9. Maintains a safe work environment
10. Maintains supervisory and operational knowledge by attending System calls, training, etc.
May be required to backup other supervisory positions in the department.
This position is required to directly supervise 1-9 employees.
Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Management and a minimum of 3-5 years of job-related experience.
Process/operations management and results orientation is critical
Strong people management and interpersonal skills
Strong communication skills
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.