Operations Manager, Consulting
8260 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
RSM is seeking a self-motivated, forward-thinking go-getter for their Internal Client Service (ICS) opening who will work closely with our National Management Consulting Practice Leader as well as other Leaders/Executives within the firm.
In management consulting, we take the time to understand our clients' organization and the industries they operate, in order to address their complex business issues. Management consulting goes to market in five key industries; industrial products, financial services, consumer products, nonprofit and life sciences. The Operations Manager role is responsible for providing operational support to the assigned leadership team in areas that span the client delivery life cycle. In this capacity, the Operations Manager is accountable to ensure tools, processes, and systems exist and effectively support the delivery of quality services to RSM's clients. The CS Operations Manager is responsible for planning, coordination and execution of all aspects of assigned projects through the project life cycle.
- Partner strategically with assigned leadership to support the execution of short- and long-term goals.
- Analyze practice level utilization, revenues, overhead costs from a budgeting perspective
- Provide day to day and ongoing performance management, development, coaching and exit-counseling of employees
- Provide direct support for time-sensitive and proprietary tasks for Assigned Leadership team members as requested.
- Operate in a self-directed manner, identifying and addressing risk mitigation, process improvement, communication, and support needs affecting the successful delivery of client solutions.
- Partner with the central region technology leadership team, and internal departments (human resources, sales, marketing, finance, legal) to develop, implement and maintain efficient and effective support processes
- Manage and facilitate new service line development / deployment and specific systems implementations by working with service line leaders, technical counterparts, internal support functions, and vendors as necessary
- Partner with regional operations liaisons to provide implementation support for assigned service line initiatives
- Provide ongoing operational support, oversight and process adherence for assigned service line and firm-wide policy and procedures
- Continually identify, assess, monitor and communicate the issues and risks of a project/activity to the appropriate stakeholder
- Provide interim hands-on leadership, management and oversight to troubled initiatives on an as-needed basis
- Create and execute project plans. Revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Manage project risks / issues.
- Recognize and determine the appropriate corrective action to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and scope
- Complete assigned projects with minimal oversight; consistently deliver high quality work on time; review own work and the work of others prior to completion
- Provide oversight and advocacy for the effective efficient use of internal systems
5+ years relevant experience, preferably with experience managing multiple projects
Proven ability to direct and manage complex internal projects including financial analysis and budgeting
Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
Working knowledge of Visio
Minimal travel required (less than 10%)
Experience in an external or internal client service role within a national public accounting or consulting firm
Supervision/Team Leadership experience
Experience in navigating a matrix reporting environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Project Management Certification
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req11454 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Internal Client Service Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
Project or Ops Mgmt CS Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req11454 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Boston, MA US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
Northeast Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Administrative Professional Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
Yes ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing