Operations Client Service, Assistant Vice President
in this role, you would be responsible for managing medium to large sized clients and supporting Vice Presidents or Senior. Vice Presidents with the larger/more complex relationships within the business unit. Responsibilities
• Responsible for the day to day management and successful long-term relationships of assigned accounts.
• Responsible for managing a team(s) of client relationship employees.
• Relationships individually managed are generally large sized.
• Begins to focus on strategic aspects of maintaining and growing long-term relationships.
• Ensures superior client satisfaction by acting as an advocate for clients and ensuring client issues are satisfactorily resolved. Proactive identification of client needs and potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction.
• Works closely with internal teams and clients. Facilitates communication between Client Service Operations & other business units to ensure an effective operating environment. Works with senior management keeping them informed of new developments, service issues, and new business opportunities.
• May be responsible for client retention and revenue expansion through existing services and cross sell. Identifies potential barriers to exit through strategic value-added services.
• May be asked to develop and present fee proposals to VP or SVP for review and approval. May negotiate fees on relationships individually managed. Ensures fee schedules are properly implemented, and receivables are collected in a timely manner.
• Provides overall project management for client related initiatives. Acts as a liaison between business units to ensure successful implementation. Manages internal and client expectations.
• Manages conversion/start-up of new client relationships with input/contact from VP or SVP.
• Prepares internal risk and compliance profiles, responds to inquiries from client auditors and periodically reviews client invoices for accuracy.
• Other duties as assigned. Requirements
• BS/BA degree required. Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience, preferably in financial services industry.
• Experience in relationship management, strong verbal and written communications skills, and some experience with presentations a must.
• Must possess leadership skills. Knowledge of computer systems, financial operations and/or mutual fund and related industries a plus. MBA desirable.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.