Operational Risk Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our history to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over USD 1 trillion in client assets under management as of 31 December 2018, we serve as a trusted adviser to clients in over 60 countries. Wellington Management has a significant presence and long-term track record in nearly all sectors of the global securities markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Our Operational Risk Management (ORM) Team, as members of Wellington's Enterprise Risk Management function, collaborates with all three lines of defense in an effort to optimize the firm's strategic and tactical operational risk exposure through continuous key risk identification and monitoring, risk aware decision making, and the development and driving of the risk agenda and related mitigation strategies.
The Operational Risk Analyst will advise and challenge first line management on risk identification and monitoring techniques, risk aware decision making, controls design, and the development of risk priorities and mitigation strategies. In doing so the Analyst will support the implementation of the risk management standards across the firm and work to ensure the function aligns industry and regulatory expectations.
Specific responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Implementation of the enterprise risk management standards
- Advising the firm on the development/maintenance of risk & controls registers, residual risk assessments, and risk appetite & key risk indicators (KRIs) in collaboration with other ERM teams
- Testing and deployment of the governance, risk, & compliance (GRC) application
- Executing on risk assessment & controls design advisory engagements for top priority risks
- Responding to critical errors, incidents, or testing results requiring timely remediations (e.g. large errors)
- Development of trusted relationships with firm wide peers and collaboration with them on all matters related to operational risk management
- Actively monitoring the firm's operational risk profile and controls framework, and advising on risk remediation (technology, process, controls, governance)
- Keeping informed of business trends, regulatory changes, and firm wide key strategic and tactical risks
- Preparing reporting and documentation to support risk management and governance forums
- Partnering with ORM colleagues in the Americas, Europe, and Asia to meet the above objectives
The successful candidate will be a operational risk management professional with a minimum of 5 years of experience within the investment management industry (including consulting, independent audit, or investment management service provider experience) and direct experience with ERM frameworks and GRC applications, and controls design and monitoring of risks in a technology and data focused operational platform.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's degree required
- Consulting/advisory experience and relevant professional certifications are a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, inquisitive mindset, and high attention to detail
- Strong technical capabilities with the creative use of data mining tools and techniques used for presenting and analyzing risk reporting
- Experience with identifying and mitigating global operational risks (including controls improvements) within the investment management industry
- Demonstrated collaboration and advisory capabilities
- Participation in diverse working groups and project teams
Operational Risk Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .