Network Engineer - Cisco, On Prem & Cloud
A cadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, Tokyo and Sydney. As of June 30 , 2019, the firm managed approximately US$9 8 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad. Position Overview:
The Network Engineer is primarily responsible for technical architecture, engineering, implementation, reliability and support of Acadian's network, encompassing both on-prem and Cloud Platform Network infrastructures. This includes engineering and implementation as well as troubleshooting. It includes responsibility for ensuring delivery of projects leveraging new, current, and innovative technologies to meet business needs. In addition, the Engineer will be responsible for assisting in capacity planning, disaster recovery, datacenter management and other Infrastructure initiatives. A successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with an aptitude for learning new skills and environments quickly, while managing tasks effectively. This role has a requirement to be on call. Responsibilities:
- Ensure that enterprise computing resources are always available to the end users .
- Maintain and manage existing server, network (VPN, LAN, MAN, WAN, Cloud), and application environments.
- Maintain and manage 3 rd party network providers.
- Partner closely with other members of the platform team.
- Act as a technical resource and mentor for colleagues on the Infrastructure Service teams.
- Support IT service delivery to the Acadian business units 24x7 by participating in on call and monthly maintenance weekend rotation s .
- Assist in delivering successful change management and maintenance scheduling.
To apply for this position or view Acadian's open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years working experience with Cisco networking is required . CCNP or higher preferred.
- Familiarity with L2/L3 and Data Center networking, routing protocols, Quality of Service, LAN/WAN technologies , Wireless , and network-based security technologies
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience with Linux Server s (Ubuntu preferred) , VMware , SAN ; Experience working in a Windows and Linux integrated environment.
- Familiarity with Cloud services (AWS networking)
- Experience working with routers, switches , ( Nexus and Catalyst ) and CheckPoint firewalls.
- Experience with site to site VPN and financial service networks ( e.g. Bloomberg)
- Scripting experience is required ( e.g. Bash, PowerShell or Python ) ; Experience with Infrastructure as Code (preferably Terraform) ; Experience with source code management (e.g. git)
- Strong IT operations and engineering background, preferably in a financial services organization.
- Experience within an operations support team maintaining core business services.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
http://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/Job-opportunities . .
We will contact only selected candidates.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.