Mgr, Reference Data
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Wellington Management Company views data as a critical asset that needs to be effectively managed to allow the firm to continually exceed the investment and service expectations of our clients. It is an important goal that the firm's clients and employees be able to readily access and utilize our critical data.
The Enterprise Data Services (EDS) team are the gatekeepers of this critical asset and are responsible for a variety of firm-wide data management capabilities, including data product strategy, data operations, data governance and data architecture. This global team reports to the Chief Data Officer within the InvesTech department.
The Reference Data Manager will be a part of the Enterprise Data Services function within InvesTech, responsible for overseeing a global team of Reference Data Analysts. The manager will work with internal stakeholders to understand how security reference data is used, challenges with the data, and what additional data needs to be sourced. The manager will work closely with IT as well as Data Strategists to define the necessary data quality checks to ensure data is effectively maintained, enriched, reviewed, controlled, and that processes are in place to challenge/escalate issues. The ability to work with stakeholders at all levels as well as the ability to work on multiple initiatives concurrently will be essential in this role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day management oversight of staff responsible for maintaining reference data
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining an adequate risk and control framework
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop and monitor sound workflows and procedures
- Work closely with IT and Data Strategists to not only identify areas for automation and improvement, but also provide feedback on how best to implement
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and IT to prioritize technology enhancements and requests for new data
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to ensure that controls are designed and operating effectively and any changes to the control environment are communicated
- Develop an understanding of how data flows and understand how security reference data is used by the various systems and internal stakeholders
- Communicate data issues to key stakeholders, as necessary
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- The candidate is required to have a Bachelor's degree and relevant financial services industry experience
- Prior management experience preferred
- Exhibits a proactive nature and approach to learning, problem identification and problem resolution
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and the ability to think and work independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Quick learner with ability to apply business and industry knowledge
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to succeed and the ability to self-motivate and motivate others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace work environment
Mgr, Reference Data LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .