Mgr, Alternatives Fund Control and Ops
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Fund Services, an operational platform in Wellington's InvesTech division, is a global group of more than 60 fund experts, located in North America, Europe, and Asia, that provide a wide array of operational services and technical subject matter expertise for Wellington-sponsored funds. This includes designing and managing the platform's global operating model, data, and technology infrastructure, as well as managing an extensive network of service providers.
Fund Services is comprised of four functions: 1) Fund Control and Operations (FC&O); 2) Fund Treasury and Custody (FT&C) 3) Fund Reporting and Audit (FR&A), and 4) Fund Infrastructure and Engineering (FI&E).
This Management position sits within the FC&O function and reports directly to the Managing Director of FC&O. The role is responsible for managing the dedicated Alternatives/Hedge Fund FC&O team, supporting Wellingtons Hedge Fund Business (~$20 Billion AUM/~55 funds). The primary responsibility of the team is to lead the monthly NAV and investor cashflow process and to provide operational expertise to the wider Alts business. This role will require frequent interaction and collaboration with other Wellington teams, clients, third party fund administrators, and the funds' auditor.
- Manage a team of 9 Fund Controllers/Operations Analysts with varying degrees of seniority and experience
- Plan and lead the monthly NAV process and other recurring operational functions
- Resolve complex accounting and operational issues
- Manage the monthly fund investor cashflow process, including oversight of the Transfer Agent
- Lead tactical and strategic projects, including the launch of new funds, adoption of new regulations, implementation of new systems and services, continuous improvements, etc.
- Act as a senior relationship manager for the funds' third-party fund administrator
- Provide hedge fund-related advice and subject matter expertise to other areas of the firm
- Contribute to the overall management/leadership of Fund Services
- Expert-level knowledge of hedge fund accounting including GAAP, partnership accounting and performance fee mechanics
- Knowledge of TA/AML processes a plus
- Passionate and exceptional people manager
- Strong ownership and accountability mindset
- Very strong IT/systems skills
- CPA, CFA, and/or MBA is a plus
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Proven track record of -
- Leading, coaching and developing high performing teams
- Initiating and leading process improvement initiatives focused on control and efficiency
- Problem solving
- Working in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment while balancing competing priorities
- Leading large cross functional projects
Mgr, Alternatives Fund Control and Ops LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .