Marketing Co-ops (Spring 2022)
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Job DescriptionMFS is a premier investment management firm with a rich history and a growing global reputation. Since 1924, when our founders invented the mutual fund, collaboration and innovation have fueled our success. When you join our team, you will be challenged by the work you do, and you will share your talents with a vibrant network of vested individuals to create an elite organization and build a rewarding career.
This Co-op experience provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
• Co-Op New Hire Orientation
• Senior Leadership Speaker Series
• Social & Networking Events
• Presentation Challenges
At the conclusion of this position, co-ops will have increased their knowledge of investing, the mutual fund industry, employee engagement, and a firm understanding of how marketing works at an asset manager.
MFS co-op positions are a 6-month commitment (January 11th, 2022 - June 30th, 2022), working Monday - Friday and work between 35-40 hours. Our program is designed for undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in a co-op program through their college or university and can meet our requirements. About Marketing Co-ops
Our marketing teams stay connected by researching, writing, e-mailing, advertising, strategizing, planning, responding to RFP's, tweeting, podcasting, and concepting to keep MFS employees, clients, and partners engaged and well informed. It's marketing's job to communicate the key elements of the MFS story - our global, collaborative investment, and research platform, innovative history, and disciplined process - to audiences around the world. In order to successfully accomplish this, we need knowledgeable, creative and dedicated people to carry us into the future.
The co-ops will be key members of the marketing teams and participate as full members in executing on our business plan and moving key initiatives forward. Successful co-ops will be given the opportunity to assist in managing new marketing initiatives and pursue a project or projects pertaining to competitive research, channel development, segment marketing, campaign management, and branding depending on their capabilities and the business needs.
Positions in Marketing typically include:
- Global Retail Marketing Co-op
- Advertising Co-op
- Institutional Marketing Co-op
- Global Marketing Social Media Co-op
- Request for Proposal Co-op
Some principle responsibilities of co-ops in this group may include:
- Working with Marketing team on promotional campaign materials.
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities to integrate new technologies into marketing initiatives.
- Assisting in competitive research studies (e.g., Website assessments, marketing materials comparative study).
- Interacting with multiple marketing professionals, compliance officers, editorial copywriters, graphic designers and production staff to manage the development of each project.
- Providing conference support, coordinating logistics with Marketing team and external conference organizers as needed.
- Completing quarterly due diligences as requested by MFS' clients by providing firm and investment strategy language and data.
- Assisting with the preparation and presentation of final RFP submissions. This includes printing, collating, binding, packaging and shipping documents to one or more recipients.
Interviews for those selected will be held virtually via Zoom on October 12-15. While our co-ops typically work out of our Boston, MA office, provisions will be made to adapt to a wholly or partially virtual environment should circumstances require. Co-ops will need to work from the US even if partially remote.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working as a part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Commitment to learning, creativity and critical thinking.
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks & projects in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills, a willingness to work hard and being an effective communicator in a collaborative culture are essential.
- Strong Microsoft office skills, a keen eye for detail, and very process orientated.
- Marketing, Business and Finance majors are preferred.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."