Managing Director- Global Head Head of Consulting Relations
Managing Director - North America Head of Consulting Relations
The Institutional asset management industry is evolving. Clients need more than products, they need advice and solutions from partners with a deep understanding of their needs who can help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors is seeking a motivated leader who can excel in this environment and help others on their team to do the same. Are you that leader? State Street Global Advisors Consulting Relations Team:
With over $3 Trillion in global assets and over 30 years of experience, in the Institutional business, State Street Global Advisors is one of the leading investment-only providers of solutions in the marketplace today. We have been managing target date strategies since 1995 and have extensive experience working with clients through multiple market cycles. Clients rely on us to provide a robust, global investment platform that offers access to virtually every major asset class, capitalization range and style, including low-cost index funds, a suite of QDIA-eligible target date strategies, custom target date and balanced funds, capital preservation investments and distinct DC share classes.
As the North America Head of Consulting Relations, you will be responsible for advancing our industry-leading, almost $3 trillion) Institutional business. This includes direct ownership and/or oversight of all consulting relations development activities, product development, thought-leadership, marketing, and retirement-related public policy advocacy. You will also be the public face of the Consulting Relations department, not only with clients and prospects, but also as a leading voice at industry conferences and all forms of media. You will lead a dedicated, global team of high-performing professionals, located in Boston, London and San Francisco, while also collaborating with a much larger team of investment and non-investment personnel across the firm that serve our defined contribution clients
This role is part of the Institutional team, and you will report to the Head of Institutional Sales. This Position Requires That You Have:
- 15+ years of experience in the Institutional marketplace, including a minimum or 5 years leading a business or team
- A broad, authoritative knowledge of the Institutional market and plan sponsor needs as well as a thorough grasp of current and future trends in plan design and the regulatory environment
- Ability to build, lead and motivate teams of high-performing professionals
- Record of setting, meeting and exceeding short- and long-term business targets
- You can form and cultivate positive relationships with both clients and internal partners
- You can build and leverage executive-level client relationships, including C-suite engagement
- Dynamic public speaking skills with the ability to convey complex concepts in ways that are approachable to a broad range of audiences
- Strong technical ability and investment acumen - you should understand and appreciate the details
- Ability to lead, prioritize and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
- A consistent track record of successful collaboration with clients
- Strong organizational, strategy and execution skills, including experience running a business P&L
- The capacity to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a positive, can-do attitude, an insatiable desire to win and can inspire the same in others
About State Street
- Significant domestic and international travel
- MBA, CFA or similar strongly preferred
- Series 7, 24 and 63 required
- Experience leading teams
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses the values of our company. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.