Manager, Trade Support
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for:
The Manager, Trade Support manages a team of trade support professionals, ensuring that all tasks performed by the trading support team are completed in a timely and accurate manner by monitoring their daily work, handling any issues that require escalation, and assisting in ensuring appropriate staffing levels are maintained to address any inquiries from traders, portfolio managers and analysts. Principal responsibilities:
Manages a team of trade support professionals. Provides project management, prioritization, direction and leadership to staff in order to accomplish defined projects and tasks. Allocates resources and establishes and monitors deadlines. Makes recommendations regarding employment, performance measurement, compensation, training, development and other related personnel activities.
- Ensures Trade Support team is confirming daily trading activity, including Foreign Exchange, Bond, Equity and Derivative securities and trade confirmation activities on the tradings Desks
- Ensures all security master records created by the Trading Assistant in the trading system are reviewed and accurate and have received the necessary approval from the Equity team
- Ensures that daily and monthly reports produces by the team (including position reports, exposure reports, directors' reports, individual broker reports, graphs and performance material for client reviews and portfolio manager presentations) are being completed and distributed in a timely manner
- Monitors a variety of data checks to ensure the accuracy of data within FITS, CRD and other analytic systems
- Works with the Settlements and Trade Processing teams to ensure the timely settlement of all currency trades that require middle office assistance
- Monitors trade support processes to ensure operational risk is minimized
- Acts as liaison with MFS technology departments and outside vendors to implement any enhancements to trade date matching processes
- Researches workflow and operational issues surrounding new product offerings, implements procedures and policies to ensure MFS assumes no additional risk with product launches, and manages implementation of new products that impact trade support processes
- Meets with brokerage firm Relationship Managers to review metrics and operational performance of MFS trading partners to ensure that brokers are meeting acceptable levels of service, provide feedback on areas of opportunity and to address any concerns from brokers about MFS operational processes
- Performs additional related responsibilities as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Preferred six to seven years experience in the investment industry
- Expertise in securities markets and trading operations as well as knowledge of industry wide appications/platforms
- Understanding of advanced technology like Python and other automation tools preferred
- Proven ability to perform job responsibilities effectively in a demanding environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented and deadline driven
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
During the Covid pandemic, MFS Employees are currently working from home. When safe to do so and in accordance to local government guidelines, MFS will be a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.