Manager, Investment Risk
- Manages a regional team of professional staff responsible for the ongoing independent oversight and challenge of day-to-day investment risk management activities, client, product and process change risk assessments and risk reporting for an assigned business line/entity risk or legal entity facing a low level of risk.
- Assists with the assessment, monitoring and reporting on risks inherent to business activities, including fiduciary, reputational, business and strategic risks.
- Guides the business line/entity risk or legal entity's adherence to the Investment Risk Management Framework.
- Assists with the establishment of the assigned business line or legal entity's investment risk policy statements and helps to ensure alignment with the Company Risk Appetite.
- Assists the assigned business line or legal entity with the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks and helps to implement controls to manage emerging issues.
- Monitors compliance and assigns routine monitoring responsibilities to professional staff.
- Contributes to the development of routine reports, as required.
- Reviews the business or legal entity's process for accepting new business, preparing and maintaining standard documents and RFP databases and the process for monitoring adherence to policies and procedures.
- May assist with the appropriate completion of business process and product changes.
- Seeks appropriate approvals for the change and guides the professional team's completion of required documentation. Contributes to efforts to develop a strong organizational risk culture.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops professional staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 7-10 years of total work experience, with 0-1 years of management experience, preferred.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Boston Internal Jobcode:
Asset Management Organization:
Newton-HR06148 Requisition Number: