Manager, Information Technology
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Boston Trust & Investement Management Company
- 30 Aug 18 2018-08-30
Job Opening: Manager, Information Technology Boston Trust & Investment Management Company is an independent, employee-owned, Massachusetts-chartered bank and trust company. The firm provides investment management and fiduciary services to institutional and individual clients, and manages approximately $8 billion in client assets.
The firm employs approximately 60 people at its office location in Boston, Massachusetts. Our client service teams are organized into two business units – “Institutional Strategies” and “Wealth & Investment Management.” We also maintain a distinct brand, Walden Asset Management, that represents our leadership in sustainable and responsible investing and active ownership strategies, including shareholder advocacy. Firm-wide, we have professionals responsible for investment strategy, securities research, shareholder advocacy, risk management, operations, client administration, marketing, information technology, finance, and human resources.
Boston Trust is seeking an IT Manager to plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The Manger will also define and implement IT and information security policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Oversee enforcement of all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, asset management, system security administration, and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, and evaluation.
- Manage the administration of all computer security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software.
- Manage key IT vendor relationships.
- Assist with annual IT budget planning and cloud-readiness roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in financial services or banking, or in lieu of a degree, 9 years relevant experience.
- Microsoft Cloud certifications.
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including information security and cloud architecture.
- Substantial experience with Microsoft products and services, including Active Directory, Office 365 and Azure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Previous experience in vendor management is preferred.
Boston Trust & Investment Management Company and Walden Asset Management are committed to diversity in the workplace. We seek to create an environment where all employees’ abilities and energies are fully utilized. We believe diversity enhances our opportunity to build a high-performance culture that enables us to succeed in a competitive business. Reasonable accommodations will be made available to any applicant requesting them for the application process. Boston Trust & Investment Management Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.