Manager, Financial Reporting
☰ Mgr, Financial Reporting New B21010 - Finance 3 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Recommend to a Friend Sign Up for Job Alerts SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Manager of Financial Reporting & Accounting Policy will primarily be responsible for preparation and review of financial statements for Putnam Investments and its subsidiaries, and monthly reporting to the Parent Company (Great-West Lifeco Inc. or GWL), preparation of GWL quarterly investor relations deliverables (press release, MD&A, analyst/supplemental slides, and Q&As for analyst call), regulatory bodies (foreign and domestic) and monitoring minimum regulatory capital requirements for certain subsidiaries. This role reports to the Director of Financial Reporting & Accounting Policy and directly supervises a team of 2 Financial Reporting Seniors. This role is a go-to resource and source of leadership for other members of Corporate Accounting, Corporate Finance, Legal and Compliance, and Operations.
In addition to financial reporting responsibilities, the role requires strong knowledge of GAAP / IFRS and guidance issued by organizations such as the FASB, SEC, and regulatory bodies, and the ability to draft technical accounting memos for significant transactions and accounting events. This role will also assist the Director of Financial Reporting & Accounting Policy and the Controller in various projects received from the CFO and the business units, and interacts heavily with the external auditors during the year-end financial statement audits. This is a detail-oriented position with stringent time deadlines. Bachelors Degree in Accounting and CPA required, MBA preferred.
While the work/life balance is typically very reasonable on this team, the role will best be served with someone possessing the following traits:
- A proactive problem solver (including looking up accounting guidance) with an assertive personality.
- Effective at negotiating the gray being comfortable working on matters that dont have clear solutions.
- Strong organization skills (including time management) and ability to multi-task, especially under tight deadlines, including the ability to look ahead and plan for future deliverables, while being able to pivot as priorities shift.
- Someone who embraces innovation and change.
- A team-player who enjoys being part of a team and engaging with members of other teams (Corporate Accounting, Tax, FP&A) to enhance inter-personal relationships across groups.
- A strong communicator, who is comfortable asking for help, managing uphill, delivering tough news, providing open, honest and timely feedback and who employs a face-to-face style (not always passively communicating important information through email and IM).
- A builder of teams and people taking the time to also praise good work, and doing the little things to make team members feel appreciated.
- An effective coach with the ability to manage the workload of multiple subordinates, including the ability to delegate responsibilities
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Preparation of financial statements and various other analyses for Putnam Investments, LLC and Subsidiaries on a monthly and quarterly basis to be reported to the Parent and other Shareholders in a timely fashion. On an annual basis these statements are subject to audit. For the various subsidiaries that require it, review of calculation and reporting of net capital to certain regulatory bodies. Preparation and review of reporting to Putnams Parent company. Maintain supporting documentation and work papers for financial reporting deliverables.
- Manage and develop the capabilities of the Financial Reporting and Seniors and provide support to other areas of Finance and Putnam.
- Research technical accounting issues and draft conclusion memos
- Assist the Director of Financial Reporting & Accounting Policy and Controller with any special projects, information requests, and external year-end audits requests that are received by the business units, CFO and the external auditors.
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE TYPICALLY REQUIRED: ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Strong technical skills (i.e., Excel, SAP)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks, and the ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Technical accounting knowledge (US GAAP and IFRS), ability to determine appropriate accounting treatment of new transaction types; big four or top regional accounting firm preferred, and financial services industry experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, as well as being proactive with responsibilities and issues.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
AVAILABLE SKILLS SET TRAINING:
- Investment Management Series
Supervisory, Management, and Professional Skills
- Essentials of Supervision
- Solving Business Problems
- Project Management
- MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, etc.)
Functional/Business Unit specific applications At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring. My Profile
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© Putnam Investments. All rights reserved. 0 0