Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description PURPOSE:
Under the general direction of the Director of Global QA, the DevOps Manager leads the DevOps engineering team and is responsible for delivering and maintaining the enterprise DevOps platform. This individual will serve as the champion for DevOps principles across the enterprise and will drive adoption of DevOps tools across teams.
- Manages a team of employees and contractors responsible for DevOps. Makes decisions regarding employment, training and development. Conducts performance appraisals for direct reports. Develops talent through mentoring and promoting continuous learning.
- Leads the creation of DevOps standards, patterns, and optimizations to enable teams to deliver high performance.
- Manages day to day support for the DevOps tools platform, consisting of tools, such as, Bitbucket, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus Artifactory, Docker, Jira, and Confluence.
- Delivers DevOps pipelines that apply automation to the software development process and improves the efficiency, security, stability, and quality of applications being delivered by project and product teams.
- Collaborates with Agile technology managers and agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Helps shape and execute the technical roadmaps and strategies for the next generation of features surrounding, and related to virtualization/containerization/cloud technologies.
- Influences other teams and broader engineering groups in adopting DevOps and Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices. In support of the program, provides estimates, timelines, project plans, and status reports.
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred 10 or more years' experience in software testing, development and DevOps.
- Strong understanding of DevOps solutions, including designing and implementing robust CI/CD pipeline solutions.
- Ability to resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
- Technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps), monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools.
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus, SonarQube, uDeploy, CloudFormation/Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Knowledge of virtualization, containerization, orchestration, exposure to cloud providers and architectures.
- Ability to clearly articulate and explain complex concepts and technologies to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."