Manager, Advisory Research Relations
Support senior Advisory Research Consultants relationships with intermediary research departments and their efforts to gain and service placements on research department discretionary and non discretionary research platforms. Responsibilities
• Help team deepen relationships with intermediary research departments.
• Support senior team members with each step of the sales process - Requests for Proposals, quarterly reporting, presentation materials, meeting preparation, and ad hoc requests.
• Assist in building relationships, developing strategic initiatives and overseeing ongoing client service with sales & marketing partners (with goal to broaden and deepen relationships across partner firms)
• Analyze intermediary research platform recommended lists and model portfolios to identify opportunities and risks.
• Collaborate with Columbia's Product Management and Investment teams to ensure that Advisory Research Relations team is fully informed about our commercially viable strategies, provide client feedback regarding industry trends and clients demand.
• Prepare competitor and market analytics. Assist in the creation of customized reports utilizing tools such Morningstar, Genesys Research, and Zephyr.
• Assist in maintaining internal intermediary research platform reporting used with senior management. Required Qualifications
• Bachelors degree.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of related industry experience, preferably within an asset management organization or broker dealer.
• Demonstrated interest in the capital markets and understanding of the mutual fund research process.
• Strong relationship and sales experience in the asset management business, including distribution of mutual funds, and/or SMA strategies preferred.
• In-depth understanding of investment analytics.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as strong organizational skills required.
• Experience in, or willingness to learn, analyzing mutual funds and/or recommended lists and discretionary models, identifying opportunities and strategically positioning strategies.
• Series 7 (or SIE and Series 7 top off exam) and 66 (or 63 & 65 combined) or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time.
• Familiarity with Morningstar Direct, Zephyr, and Factset.