Management Microsoft Architect/Manager
Digital Transformation & Management, Microsoft Modern Workplace Architect, Manager Grant Thornton 12/11/2019 8:40:28 AM JOB ID: 045616 Specialty: Boston, Massachusetts
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Digital Transformation & Management, Microsoft Modern Workplace Architect, Manager
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Business consulting transforms value. Our Business Consulting practice consists of Financial Management, Growth & Transformation, Operations Transformation, Digital Transformation & Management and Business Applications.
The Digital Transformation and Management Advisory practice focuses on growth companies to embrace digital technologies and advises them on transforming processes to increase employee productivity and enhance client engagement.
As a Microsoft Modern Workplace Architect your role will be to lead technical delivery for client digital transformation projects. This is a unique role involving architecting and integrating the latest Microsoft Modern Workplace capabilities to drive significant client value. You will design solution architectures, create technical requirements, and work with highly focused project teams through agile delivery lifecycles. A successful candidate will have a strong background in Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform, with a continuous learning mentality to drive client innovation.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
· Drive Microsoft technology strategy and innovation projects for our clients
· Manage projects using agile methodology to develop POC and production ready solutions
· Manage technical project team both onsite and remote to drive project deliverables
· Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
· Experience architecting for the enterprise on Microsoft 365 including distributed architecture design, information architecture scenarios, cost planning and optimization
· Extensive experience with Office 365 with a focus on Teams, SharePoint Online, Power Platform (Power BI, Power Automate, PowerApps), and Microsoft Graph
· Azure identity management and security experience
· Scripting experience with PowerShell
· Microsoft 365 or Azure Solution Architect certifications a plus
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
· 5 - 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function, i.e. digital agency, servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
· This position can be located in Boston, New York City, Chicago, Charlotte, Seattle/Bellevue, Philadelphia, or San Francisco/Bay Area.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
ABOUT GRANT THORNTON
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000+ employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Requisition ID: 045616
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright Grant Thornton. All rights reserved.