Litigation Counsel, Vice President
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen, we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role, you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable.
You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us, if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. As Litigation Counsel you will:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Support the Senior Litigation Counsel in litigation matters affecting all divisions and business units across the company.
- Advise in-house attorneys on litigation procedure and strategy and provide direct oversight and/or management of matters where appropriate.
- Support intake and direction of legal service (e.g., complaints, subpoenas, court orders, regulatory inquiries) directed to State Street.
- Advise and support the corporate insurance group on new and existing insurance claims.
- Assist Senior Litigation counsel to monitor company litigation and assist with preparation of periodic reports to the General Counsel.
- Support and/or manage internal investigations.
- Assist Senior Litigation Counsel to prepare and present continuing legal education opportunities to Legal Division personnel.
- Complete special projects as requested.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collegially with internal clients, external service providers, and other members of the legal team;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and multiple priorities efficiently and with a high caliber of execution;
- Strong organizational skills and independent follow through on issues and tasks; and
- Capable of producing high quality routine work with general supervision.
About State Street What we do.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- Minimum 2 years of litigation practice (including court clerkships)
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong legal research skills including on-line research.
- High level of computer proficiency, including familiarity with electronically stored information, including email and email archive systems.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers