Liquidity Risk, Officer
Group: IRM - SSGA Investment Risk Management Job Description
The Investment Risk Analyst,Officer position is part of the State Street Global Advisors Investment Risk Team. The primary focus of this group is to provide independent oversight to ensure appropriate levels of risk exist across our client's portfolios. The position will work hands-on with portfolio managers to measure, quantify, and communicated market risk exposures and any changes to the funds/accounts risk profiles. The risk analyst will assist our senior risk managers to enhance our risk management process. The position will also be responsible for creating and presenting key risk summaries to senior management on an ongoing basis. The candidate should possess excellent analytical and communication skills. Qualifications
The role requires a strong working knowledge of portfolio management, gained from experience in institutional investment management, risk management and/or research organization.
The individual is responsible for suggesting methodologies for improving portfolio risk analytics, examining investment risk issues and responding to ad-hoc requests from various business groups and senior management, and also undertake unsupervised research on areas of risk management.
The individual will also be responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of risk management processes and collaborate with colleagues within the global organization in the design and implementation of policies, procedures and processes for the investment risk program.
The successful candidate will establish credibility through technical skill and stature in risk management, by building collaborative working relationships with investment professionals, and through creating a shared vision of the benefits of more risk-aware decision making.
The ideal candidate will have a solid analytical foundation and organizational skills, be motivated by a team environment, and have the ability to learn about new analytical applications and investment products. Experience with risk concepts and database tools are required, with specific skills in BlackRock Aladdin, Bloomberg's PORT, MSCI BarraOne and Axioma considered a plus.
Other key qualifications include:
• MBA, MSF and or CFA preferred • 3 plus years of relevant industry experience (data analysis, risk management, risk models) with solid knowledge of currency and alternative products preferred
• Strong technical skills: ability to build tools and reporting for risk management and to leverage technology and systems. Thoroughness and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines and deliver high quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong understanding of portfolio construction, derivative processing, risk analytics, and investments • Ability to work with senior management and to develop relationships with others throughout the organization
• Capable of taking responsibility for independent projects with limited supervision
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills • Programming skills (VBA, Access, R, Matlab) is a plus