Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
As a member of the Private Investments Legal Team, the Legal Associate will work closely with a global team of other Legal Associates and Counsel to support our firm's growing privates business. We are looking for someone who is inquisitive and motivated to learn about private markets and the funds industry.
The primary responsibilities of this role include, among others:
- Develop expertise in fund and deal lifecycles, and collaborate with business, investment, and operational colleagues to support various aspects of fund formation and portfolio investments
- Lead or contribute to the evolving design and execution of team processes, workflows and deal/fund pipeline management tools
- Synthesize and organize information, create team reference tools, and assist with enhancing and maintaining team recordkeeping practices
- Develop or maintain playbooks and negotiate, or oversee external providers assisting with negotiations of, fund documents, confidentiality agreements and other routine agreements related to fund formation process and private investment transactions. Coordinate internal review of fund formation documents with relevant subject matter experts and external counsel, including maintenance of version control.
- Serve as primary point of contact for investment, business and operational professionals in facilitating various team workflows
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to self-start and take ownership, think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved scalable workflows and knowledge management for a growing team and business line
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage fast-paced workflows and competing priorities in a sometimes high pressure environment
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of the team and a desire to develop new skills, assume additional responsibilities, and step out of your comfort zone
- Overall comfort with data and systems with proficiency in Excel, Tableau and similar macros and the ability to learn various internal and external systems and databases that support the Legal and Enterprise Risk Group
- 2-5 years prior experience working at an asset manager and a working knowledge of global capital markets, preferred
Legal Associate LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .