Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Legal Associate being hired for this role will join our Investment Platform Legal Team, a global group of Counsel and Associates providing legal and regulatory support for investments made on behalf of Wellington Management clients. This role will focus on equity and fixed income investments.
- Providing legal support for transactional documentation
- Partnering with trading, compliance, client and operations teams on private placements, restricted securities, and other high-touch transactions
- Contributing to cross-functional support of regulatory and contractual requirements
- Triaging and advancing legal queries raised by internal (client-facing, investor and other) teams
- Identifying and raising legal and regulatory risks to broader legal and compliance teams, as appropriate
- Improving and evolving processes for handling legal work needed to support equity and fixed income investments
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work well with colleagues and internal clients
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives with competing priorities in a sometimes high-pressure environment
- Comfort with taking ownership where appropriate while recognizing when issues require broader input and ownership
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of the team and develop new skills
- Minimum 1-3 years prior work experience
- Familiarity with financial markets is a plus but not required.
Legal Associate LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .