Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The incumbent will join Wellington's team of legal associates and counsel located in Boston, London and Hong Kong focused on derivatives and securities financing transactions. The team supports the trading of futures, swaps, repurchase agreements, and other instruments on behalf of Wellington's global client base, collaborating closely with various internal business teams to address complex regulatory and commercial issues.
Negotiating master agreements for OTC instruments, including ISDAs, MRAs, GMRAs, and MSFTAs;
Negotiating clearing agreements, including futures, swaps and listed options;
Maintaining executed agreements and internal work product summarizing key terms;
Applying client requirements to negotiated terms, such as those imposed upon regulated funds and/or specified by clients;
Awareness of default and insolvency scenarios impacting agreements;
Maintaining consistent approach to documentation practices and understanding of regulatory/market developments impacting practices;
Assisting with responses to client inquiries on legal and regulatory topics; and
Researching legal issues affecting derivatives and assessing potential impact on Wellington Management's business.
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with and instill confidence in colleagues, clients, and service providers at various levels of seniority;
- A strategic thinker comfortable taking ownership and applying judgment and capable of recognizing issues that require escalation;
- Solution oriented with strong analytical skills and the appropriate level of skepticism and curiosity;
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple initiatives with competing priorities in a sometimes high pressure environment;
- A team-oriented approach to completing assignments and a willingness to provide support to other teams during peak periods;
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of the team and a desire to develop new skills, assume additional responsibilities, and step out of your comfort zone;
- Proficient in use of MS Word and Excel with the ability to learn various internal and external systems and databases that support the Legal and Compliance Group;
- Prior experience working in a compliance, legal and/or regulatory role preferred; and
- Familiarity with the rules and regulations governing trading and markets, including derivatives, is a plus but not required.
Legal Associate JOB FAMILY
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .