Lead Systems Analyst - Compliance
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Resource Collaborative
- 14 Feb 19
Our client is a leading investment management firm with responsibility for over US$1 trillion in client assets. They manage US,international and global equity, fixed income, currency, commodities, real assets, and active asset allocation portfolios for institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 65 countries.
The Legal and Compliance Technology team is responsible for providing solutions that meet their regulatory and compliance testing obligations. They comply with regulations globally, meeting obligations in each country and jurisdiction, as required. The modern regulatory environment continues to evolve and the pace of complexity continues to grow. In this constantly changing environment the technology team provides solutions that ensure the firm remains compliant and is able to respond quickly and accurately to regulator's requirements.
This role provides leadership to the technology team supporting Legal and Compliance. Current state applications include packaged vendor solutions for Regulatory Reporting, Code of Ethics Compliance, and AML Screening, as well as highly customized in-house designed and developed applications solutions for compliance driven forensic testing and social networking analysis.
Members of the team play critical roles in the firm's success by providing technology solutions which improve quality, speed, and efficiency in a highly complex industry with a sophisticated regulatory, client,and investor base.
The successful candidate must demonstrate leadership experience in supporting business professionals in the investment services industry and specifically in Legal and Compliance functions. The candidate should also demonstrate a successful project management and delivery track record, working with cross-functional teams consisting of both internal and external resources.
This individual will be responsible for systems analysis in support of the Legal and Compliance business group - bringing experience and best practices to a fast-moving, complex, and tightly integrated area of the company.
The focus of the Analyst will be to define, deliver and help support solutions for the Legal & Regulatory Compliance program. These solutions may be vendor supplied,requiring integration, or custom, in-house developed solutions.
- Developing and articulating systems requirements for the Compliance program
- Partnering with business practitioners to define process workflow solutions
- Identifying robust and creative solutions to improve key business processes and solve business challenges
- Structuring, researching,and assisting vendor solution assessments
- Managing projects from initiation through execution, delivery, and production support
- Developing key knowledge of specific business, system, and data workflows; solutions will need to integrate and source data from internal systems
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key business partners across the firm
- Staying current with evolving industry trends and the regulatory environment to ensure that delivered systems utilize industry best practices
- Identifying and implementing process improvements in to advance both speed to market and quality of the end product