Lead Systems Analyst – Front Office
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Lead Systems Analyst – Front Office
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for Lead Systems Analyst position to support our Investment Strategies business. With billions of dollars in AUM, this group focuses on designing alpha strategies via alternative, systematic and multi-asset dynamic investing. Our portfolio construction process is built on the framework of risk-budgeting, and we implement using derivatives and physical securities, across equities, bonds, rates, currencies, and commodities, on a global basis. The strategies in this program compete at several fronts, from multi-strategy hedge funds, alternative risk premium to risk parity funds, and custom versions to achieve specific client objectives.
This position will primarily focus on building out a multi-manager, multi-asset portfolio construction & research platform for multi-asset strategists and portfolio/product management teams. This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT professional to join a strong, collaborative team and apply both business analysis and technical skills in a role with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for requirements, systems analysis, solutions design, prototyping, testing, and project management.
This position requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with business and technology partners as well as excellent communication and delivery skills. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
- Engage with business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze and document requirements for the multi-manager portfolio construction & research platform
- Champion the needs of the business partners; act as their fiduciary
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team as well as other IT teams to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Create prototypes and assist with system design
- Help the development teams define effort and implementation schedules
- Be more directly involved in the development of some capabilities
- Help refine architecture and build out supporting infrastructure for rollout of new capabilities
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
- 5+ years of relevant systems analysis and/or development experience in investment management or financial services industry
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Strong software design skills including object oriented and functional designs
- Comfortable working in test driven development environment using agile methodologies
- Good understanding of various financial instruments as well as investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, analytics, and performance
- Experience working with investor workflows in areas of portfolio construction and research, is a plus
- Strong Excel and SQL skills desired.
- Strong work ethic
- Strategic mindset
- Creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work
- Self-initiative and ability and interest to learn independently and from peers
Lead Systems Analyst - Front Office
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .