Lead Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on analysis with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for requirements, systems analysis, testing, and project management on our Performance and Benchmarks team, primarily focused on the
strategic new Performance Attribution Platform.
This position requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
- Interact directly with business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze and document requirements, as well as set priorities, Act as a champion for the needs of the business partners and a trusted advisor
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Minimum 7 years' experience as a systems analyst in the financial services industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment.
- Understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives, and FX.
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology
- Hands-on knowledge of Python and/or other scripting language
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Familiarity with investment performance, risk, and attribution is desirable
- CFA Institute Claritas Certificate, CFA Charter or progress towards one considered an asset
Lead Systems Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .