Lead Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Title: Senior or Lead Systems Analyst
Team: Informational Technology (IT)
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible.
Specifically, we are seeking qualified candidates to join our Portfolio Management/Implementation technology team. Our team is about to embark on building the next generation platform for investment target management and communication.
The analyst (product owner) will work to design a suite of portfolio management related modules in a cross asset setting that will be part of the overall investment platform. You will help to drive product design, development, and user demand.
You will collaborate and provide technology to the firm's talented community of investors and portfolio analysts, pursuing projects from idea generation and prototyping, to validation and production. You will be faced with compelling investment challenges and encouraged to solve problems using innovative techniques.
- Partner with portfolio managers, portfolio analysts, project managers, and other systems analysts, to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Author functional, design and support documentation.
- Collaborate with software developers, database architects, and other IT and business teams to analyze and determine functional specifications and UI design for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Gain experience in multi-asset class portfolio management workflows, including fixed income (portfolio analysis - absolute/benchmark relative, order modeling, duration hedging, profit & loss analysis, etc.)
- Develop deep knowledge and expertise in Wellington specific workflows
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support of solution applications
- Design and prototype new software components and applications based on functional specifications.
- Coordinate with analysts and QA teams to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing.
- Advocate for the end user and proactively manage risk, impact, and user experience
- Manage product backlog at the epic and story level; aligns to program and product strategies at the "initiative" level.
- Translate the goals of our business and the needs of our users across multiple regions into product strategy for the investment target management platform
- Execute the product strategy, serving as "product owner" within our scrum development process, prioritizing the efforts of the engineering team you work with, and driving the pace of decision-making on the project
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
- 5+ years business analysis/product management experience
- Understanding of investment management and portfolio construction workflows highly desirable
- Experience with Eze Castle, BlackRock Aladdin, Charles River, Latent Zero, Thinkfolio, SimCorp, SS&C Longview, or Enfusion is a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Candidates must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and an ability to work with various internal teams to execute on that vision
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- Experience working with agile project management tools like JIRA
- Hands-on experience with SQL and Python (or another programming language) is highly desirable
Lead Systems Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .