Lead Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. We serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership, whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients' needs, and enhance our proprietary systems and platforms.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on analysis with advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for requirements, systems analysis, testing, and project management relating to the vendor portfolio accounting application, Geneva (SS&C/Advent), and its integration with our reference data, investor, and client reporting applications around the firm to provide timely and accurate information to our investment teams and clients.
Our Portfolio Accounting platform serves complex requirements on multiple fronts including:
- A high-volume environment with substantial daily transaction activity
- A wide variety of asset classes across equity, fixed income, and derivatives
- A large number of markets in which we invest around the world
- A global team of investors and relationship managers who require timely data
- A complex technology environment providing real-time integration with many of our investment applications
Due to the many consumers of portfolio accounting data throughout the firm, this position requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
- Interact directly with business and technology partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze and document requirements, as well as set priorities. Act as a champion for the needs of the business partners and a trusted advisor
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a systems analyst in the financial services industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience with data analysis. Experience with writing, optimizing and executing complex SQL queries with relational database technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced team environment.
- Experience in Financial Services systems, which may include domains such as:
- Understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives, and FX.
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of investors workflows in areas of research/valuation, analysis and portfolio construction
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Prior experience with Geneva (SS&C/Advent), or a similar portfolio accounting platform, is preferred
- CFA Institute Claritas Certificate, CFA Charter or progress towards one considered an asset
Lead Systems Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .