Lead Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
lead Software engineer
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them in order to see real-life results.
Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible.
This position is within our Information Technology team. Job Overview
We are seeking a candidate who can work closely with other members of IT including other developers, business analysts and QA engineers to design, develop, test, implement and support solutions to meet business requirements.
This individual will help design new platform functionality (collaborating with stakeholders) and help other developers use the solutions they build. Responsibilities
- Lead the delivery of high-quality business solutions, including participating in architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support
- Work with business teams, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications across the full stack - services, web and mobile clients, infrastructure and back-end
- Coordinate with analyst teams and vendors to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance
- Author technical design and support documentation
- Familiarity with developing web applications using HTML5, CSS and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React
- Experience with, and a demonstrated understanding of, modern software development and testing methodologies such as Artifactory, GIT, and Jenkins CI
- Experience developing application with cloud technologies such as AWS desired
- Ability to understand legacy in-house applications and highly complex and interrelated systems and processing
- Experience with various software development methodologies, such as Agile
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability and willingness to work in an energetic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a business-critical production environment
- Hold an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related subject
Lead Software Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .