Lead Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 55 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of the proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership, whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Lead Software Engineer position
to help develop our next gen Wellington Investment Strategy Environment (WISE) IT platform. This platform will enable investors to monitor their investment strategies, and gain insights into how strategies are performing. Via this platform, investors will not only be able to view strategy level exposures, performance and risk; but they will also be able to order size based on strategy. This is an exciting and complex program that will benefit the broad investor community; and requires coordination among multiple core IT teams for a successful delivery.
This platform leverages the best of breed technologies including AWS, React, and NodeJS. This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT professional to join a strong, collaborative team and apply technical expertise in a role with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for leading full stack development as well as designing a robust system that interacts effectively with other internal systems and provides an efficient user experience for our business. This position requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with our other technology partners across the department, and an ability to deliver in a fast paced and evolving environment. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication and delivery skills are required. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical Lead for WISE (Wellington Investment Strategy Environment IT platform)
- Lead the delivery of high quality business solutions using the latest technologies
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support efforts
- Work with business team, project managers, analysts and/or other software engineers to review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for performance
- Ensure the adherence to established code-quality standards within the development and QA teams, such as Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, and all required release documentation
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships and help guide the team in setting priorities for completion of requests or resolution of issues.
- Work across various IT teams to coordinate and facilitate infrastructure upgrades, disaster recovery testing, and cross-functional projects
- Author architecture, technical design, and support documentation
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with solid accomplishments
- Familiarity with web applications and services using REST, HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality solutions previously
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail, self-discipline and passion to drive and innovate
- Must be comfortable with test-driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies using tools like GIT, Artifactory, and Jenkins.
- Experience operating in a DevOps environment application with cloud technologies such as AWS, is a plus.
- Be willing and able to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, engineering, math, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Financial Industry is preferred
Lead Software Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .