Lead Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION Overview
The Fixed Income Quant Systems Team is responsible for providing advanced quantitative tools such as analytic calculators, risk models, cash flow engines, liquidity evaluation frameworks, technical pattern modeling, and asset allocation strategies to Wellington's portfolio management and research teams. Members of the team play critical roles in firm's success by providing proprietary technology solutions which enable complex investment decision-making.
This lead role will combine quantitative and software engineering skills to drive development of firm's next generation of quantitative tools. Responsibilities
• Participate in full-cycle software development including development, regression testing, deployment, and production support.
• Provide technical leadership to a development team with responsibility for architecture, design and implementation.
• Partner closely with investment and research teams to understand business needs and to create effective technical solutions.
• Lead implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) investment process efficiency, data quality improvements and simplifying investor work flow. Qualifications
Requirements: • At least 7 years of hands-on software development experience. • Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies. • Demonstrated experience developing Java, JDBC, NodeJS, Python, Web Services, Messaging, and related technologies. • Working knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
• Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical production environment.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, physics, statistics or other related field.
In addition, the following qualifications would be a strong plus:
• Understanding of fixed income security data, analytics and risk management concepts.
• Prior experience using distributed computing, grid or cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services.
Lead Software Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .