Lead Quantitative Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, we are one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them in order to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. This position is within our Information Technology team.
As part of continued growth, a new opportunity has arisen for a Quantitative Software Engineer. As a member of the Mosaic Technology team, this individual will be responsible for solutions delivery for the Portfolio Management team. This is an ideal opportunity for an IT professional to apply business and/or technical skills to enable investment processes to become more effective.
• Leading the delivery of high-quality business solutions using the latest in cloud technologies.
• Working directly with investors to create quantitative solutions.
• Interacting with investment professionals at all levels of the organization in order to proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems to support investment processes.
• Performing gap analysis between investment processes and existing systems.
• Interfacing and coordinating with the broad Information Technology teams to ensure successful delivery.
• Participating directly in the technical development of investment tools.
• Lead the delivery of high-quality business solutions, including participating in architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support
• Work with business teams, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
• Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications across the full stack - services, web and mobile clients, infrastructure and back-end
• Coordinate with analyst teams and vendors to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
• Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance
• Author technical design and support documentation
• Experience with implementing models for securities, risk, attribution, scenario analysis and portfolio optimization or equivalent
• experience required.
• Five years of relevant design and development experience within the financial industry preferred but not required.
• Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills gained through experience in a relevant financial domain (i.e., business technical understanding of fixed income and/or derivatives securities, foreign exchange, money markets etc.)
• Experience with, and a demonstrated understanding of, modern software development and testing methodologies such as Artifactory, GIT, and Jenkins CI.
• Familiarity with web applications and services using REST, HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React.
• Intermediate level expertise with SQL and Excel VBA/C# preferred.
• Experience developing application with cloud technologies such as AWS desired.
• Degree in Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or directly related field, with good mathematical acumen.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Be willing and able to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment.
• Demonstrate previous ability to deliver high quality solutions. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Lead Quantitative Software Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .