Lead Quality Engineering Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 30 June 2021, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in 65 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them in order to see real-life results.
At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients' needs, and enhance our proprietary systems and platforms.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineering Analyst to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on product quality with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of the quality engineering practice.
This position requires a high level of direct interaction with technical and business users, along with excellent communication and delivery skills. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
- The ideal candidate must have expertise in QE, excellent leadership, creative thinking, reasoning abilities and communication skills with a proven ability to manage multiple QE tracks
- Develop and maintain testing artifacts which includes create and review testing strategy based on the application requirements, leading to the analysis, design, documentation, and execution of the test cases for the suite of applications
- Contribute to and maintain test automation framework development, write as well as review test automation code with appropriate procedures like version control, CI/CD integration etc.
- Partner with the centralized QE teams to align the practices with the strategic QE direction of the enterprise
- Partner with the business analysts and the development teams to review and understand complex financial business requirements and the technical implementations to establish priorities and set deadlines
- Assign and review work of testing analysts and engineers to help meet the deadlines
- Review and update project plans to ensure each release meets well-defined quality standards by working closely with the development managers
- Report weekly status to the senior management and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Maintain and also improve QE standards using by leveraging industry QE best practices, methodologies and technologies to improve the QE processes across the team
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Minimum 7 years' experience in quality engineering in the financial services or related industry, with 3 years' experience in leading a QE team
- Expertise with all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and performance testing
- Hands-on work experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, Karate, UFT, REST Assured
- Experience in progressive automation or BDD is an asset
- Extensive experience with automated test frameworks and tools such as QTP/UFT, Selenium, Tosca etc., and working experience in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Postman and Python is considered a strong plus
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM development process
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and enterprise database technologies
- Experience in writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Ability work with a team of offshore and onshore-based vendor QE teams
- Ability to diagnose and identify performance and stability issues in large, complex applications
- Strong motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment supporting a business-critical application
- Providing automation solutions, reviewing code, conducting POCs for automation
- Bachelor's degree is required
Lead Quality Engineering Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .