Lead QA Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Lead Systems Engineer (QA) Information Technology - Core Transactional technology (IBOR) Keys to this Position
- Seven plus years of experience as a QE engineer and three plus years of experience in leading a QE team on complex projects
- Demonstrated experience evolving formal QA practices and mentoring QA team members, ensuring the team is using industry accepted best practices
- Excellent communication skills and delivery skills
- Financial Services is a plus, not a requirement. If from another industry must come from a fast-paced environment
The Core Transactional Technology team is looking to hire a Lead Systems Engineer to work on the Investment Book Of Record (IBOR) platform. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the QA practice for the IBOR platform.
At Wellington, our system engineers interact with business partners and analysts and are exposed to the latest industry tools and trends as well as innovative problem solving.
This position requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with our other technology partners across the department, and an ability to deliver in a fast-paced and evolving environment. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication and delivery skills are required.
- Develop and maintain testing artifacts which includes creating and reviewing testing strategy based on the application requirements, leading to the analysis, design, documentation, and execution of the test cases for the suite of applications.
- Develop goals and objectives in test automation which includes automation framework development as well regression testing projects utilizing offshore test automation engineers
- Provide guidance to the QE team members and partner with the centralized QE teams to align the practices with the strategic QE direction of the enterprise.
- Partner with the business analysts and the development team to review and understand complex financial business requirements and the technical implementations to establish priorities and set deadlines for the testing team. Assign and review work of testing analysts and engineers to help meet the deadlines.
- Review project plans to ensure each release meets well-defined quality standards by working closely with the development managers
- Partner with Project Managers on estimates, statuses, and risks. Report weekly status to the senior management and escalate issues.
- Develop and maintain QE standards using by leveraging industry QE best practices, methodologies and technologies to improve the QE processes across the team.
- Provide strategic objectives to the entire QE team, and estimate as well as ensure the right budget is allocated to the team to maintain the optimum team size to deliver projects
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Seven plus years' experience as a QE engineer and three plus years' experience in leading a QE team on complex projects
- Expertise with all aspects of testing, including functional, structural, regression, load and performance testing
- Expertise with test automation such as JIRA, Selenium, Karate
- Experience with Postman and Python is considered a strong plus
- Experience with validating the processing of large data sets
- Ability to manage a team of offshore and onshore-based vendor QE teams
- Knowledge of the Agile development and project management processes
- Ability to diagnose and identify performance and stability issues in large, complex applications
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Oracle database and SQL
- Strong motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment supporting a business-critical application
- Providing automation solutions, reviewing code, conducting POCs for automation
- Bachelor's degree required
Lead QA Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .