This career opportunity provides the prospect to work for a well respected and successful award winning technology company expanding its US operation with the appointment of a projects team leader who can take their investment technology PMO 'to the next level'. This is a senior level project leadership position for complex investment technology enablement projects (upgrades and new system implementations), to ensure successful delivery within agreed budgets and timescales.
With an established yet still growing company this is also a great chance to 'have impact', manage and further enhance the PMO team and their processes & procedures, to ensure a robust project delivery operation for Tier 1 investment institutions (asset managers, hedge funds, fund administrators and insurance companies etc).
- As the most senior project leader in the USA, provide direction and leadership to the client project teams to facilitate the driving of multiple projects with medium to high business complexity and significant cultural challenges to a successful completion.
- Further develop the PMO team to increase project efficiency and client service.
- Ensure the PMO team accurately estimates, builds, agrees, maintains and communicates multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of internal, client and other 3rd party personnel.
- Ensure consistency between client proposals, contracts, project scope and project definition documents in terms of effort, resources, costs, timescales, deliverables, responsibilities, milestones and payment terms
- Managing, controlling and monitoring project risks, progress against time and budget.
Required skills and experience:
- Must have successful project leadership experience managing buy side technology / software implementations to time and budget to asset managers and hedge funds etc. Doesn’t matter if this experience has been gained with front, middle and/or back office systems i.e. either portfolio management, fund accounting, regulatory, compliance, OMS or enterpise data management / EDM etc.
- This project experience will have been gained working for a management consultancy or a buy side financial technology company such as the likes of FIS / Sungard, Broadridge, Misys, Smartstream, SS&C / Advent, Linedata, Simcorp, SSGX / Charles River, Markit, Neoxam, Enfusion, Temenos Multifonds or Clearwater etc.
- Must have operated with clients at senior management level within financial institutions, whilst able to represent the company and the client diplomatically and effectively.
- Professional project management certifications are beneficial but not a pre-requisite (i.e. PMP, PMI, PRINCE 2 etc).
Excellent career opportunity to play a senior management role with a dynamic and fast growing market leader in investment technology, to manage their US project program and take their PMO team 'to the next level'. In addition there is realistic career protential to lead a professional services group.
Location: New York (office and/or hybrid remote), or another East Coast location remote.
Key words: implementation manager, professional services manager, project manager, project management, project director, program manager, programme manager, management consultancy, consulting, software, technology, financial markets, buy side, investment, asset management, fund management, investment management, fund administration, project manager.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.