Junior Quant Engineer
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Junior Quantitative Programmer is an entry-level position focused on building mathematical and data analytical models to support the Investments and Trading functions for MFS Investments, a leading diversified multi-asset Investment management firm.
This programmer will build innovative solutions leveraging the concepts and models from the Applied Math, Statistics and Data Sciences.
These custom solutions will be used to enhance investment implementation process, optimize trading costs and gain operational efficiencies. This position will work closely with the trading teams, investment personnel, systems analysts and architects in building quantitative solutions.
- As part of a team, design and implementation of investment and quantitative models to measure and optimize trading functions.
- Leverage API-driven solutions, utilizing open source resources and cloud-based architecture
- Create back testing and simulation tools for development and testing of execution tactics, creation of trading signals, studies of PM and trader behavior.
- Develop quant libraries for research and production following SDLC processes.
- Bachelors degree in Data Sciences, Applied Math or Statistics with significant programming experience; Or Computer Sciences with strong Math background.
- Excellent coding skills in Python (preferable) or R; Familiarity with using relational and nonrelational databases.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills using complex, high-volume and highdimensionality data, preferably in the Investment management industry.
- Understanding of advanced analytics, statistical and data science techniques. Demonstrated experience implementing models using large data sets.
- Self-starter, and ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with traders, portfolio managers and business analysts.
- Strong interest in the Investment management and Trading functions.
- Experience working within a mature SDLC model; working closely with BA and QA teams as well as end users to drive solutions to completion
- Familiarity with financial industry data (Bloomberg, , tick level data, etc.)
- Keen interest to learn new technologies and experiment with innovative solutions.
- Familiarity with the data visualization (Tableau and charting libraries).
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS or Azure) and technology capabilities.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment, i.e.. automated build and code scanning is preferred.
- Experience with open source data analysis packages (Spark, Pandas, Numpy, Scipy) preferred.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."