Senior Core Java Engineer
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Type of job: Permanent
Date published: 2-Jan-2020
Domain: Engineering & Technology
Job ID: 67994 Share
- Research, understand functional and non-functional requirements and elicit business solutions
- Partner with client architects and tech leads for solution architecture and design
- Evaluate solution options and lead solution design using best practice/design patterns
- Estimate and plan tasks for the solution
- Lead team by example by doing hands-on POCs to prove new and complex functionalities
- Lead teams for onboarding APIs to Apigee EMG and SaaS using public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Respond to requests from various client IT Administrators and Management teams related to health of IT systems, enterprise architecture integration components and production incidents (both preventive and reactive)
- Performance tuning of solutions based on non functional requirements
- Technical analysis based on logging and telemetry of different new and legacy applications using Splunk, Datadog, Prometheus, etc.
· Hands-on experience in solution design, architectural analysis and development leveraging advanced Java 1.8 or above features like Functional Programming with Lambda Expressions, Streams, Multi-Threading, Serialization, RMI, JDBC, Annotations etc
· Experience developing applications using frameworks Spring, Spring Boot, ORM frameworks like Hibernate, JPA
· REST web services
· Build & release management using technologies like Ant, Maven, Gradle and Continuous Integration like Hudson, Jenkins
· Source code management using GIT (preferred), Artefactory, CVS and SVN
· Strong experience in one or more Relational Databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server designing normalized or de-normalized database, writing complex SQL queries & stored procedures and analyzing & performance optimization
· XML technologies (XML, XSLT, XSD, XPATH etc.) and JSON
· Expert experience with AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Apigee EMG and SaaS
· Preferred prior experience with WSO2 framework
· Experience publishing and subscribing of API products and proxies using API gateway platforms like Apigee EMG and Apigee SaaS.
· Experience with legacy technologies like Mainframe, MAUI, etc. will be good to have.
· Experience working with latest and industry standard software development methodologies such as Agile SCRUM, Kanban
· Experience in profiling an application to troubleshoot issues, monitoring system performance (CPU, memory, processes, threads, network etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Swagger, Rapid API, Drupal and Pantheon
- Front end technologies like node.js, etc.
- Experience working in financial services domain especially with broker/ dealers.
- Experience in working with globally distributed team across NA and India
- Excellent communication skills to effectively and clearly communicate across functional and technical teams
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, energetic, organized, driven and result oriented
- Take initiatives and work independently without constant supervision
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field
- Certifications on AWS, Apigee, Kubernetes
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200. Default Apply
© 2020 Publicis Sapient. All Rights Reserved.