Investor Services Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Client Service Management (CSM) contributes to Wellington Management's mission by delivering first class client service to both institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors. Global Investor Services, a team within CSM, is responsible for managing service delivery for small and mid-sized clients, driving resolution of client service matters, responding to client inquiries and meeting with clients to discuss operational and servicing related activities. These clients represent endowment, foundation, family office, corporate, and public funds relationships invested primarily in commingled pools maintained by our affiliates, Wellington Managed Funds - US, Wellington Managed Funds - Global, and Wellington Alternative Investments.
The Investor Services Analyst within Global Investor Services helps to service our US endowment, foundation, family office, corporate, and public fund clients who are invested in pools. In addition, the role requires collaboration and servicing to 3rd parties; namely investment consultants and outsourced CIO entities. The Investor Services Analyst plays a critical role in the relationship management effort by overseeing the client on-boarding process, managing cash flows, coordinating reporting and handling complex client and consultant inquiries.
The Investor Services Analyst will participate in a wide range of business and client service activities that require the cross-functional coordination with our Investment Products and Services, Client Reporting, Tax, Finance, Consultant Relations, and Fund Services colleagues. A successful Investor Services Analyst will help identify areas of operational efficiency and best practices, exhibit strong business judgment, and serve as a resource for others on the team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Independent coordination of on-boarding process for new Global Investor Services clients; liaise directly with client and their consultant(s) on funding documentation
- Oversee account closings, restructurings, and custody rule procedures as needed
- Supervise the cash flow processes and required documentation
- Serve as a first escalation point on complex client questions and issues
- Coordinate reporting deliverables, as needed
- Participate in internal projects focused on fund investors, onboarding's, efficiency (systems), etc.
- Help to identity areas of operational efficiency and best practices
Specific skills and characteristics include:
- A minimum of 5-8 years industry related experience is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong client service orientation; ability to handle frequent client contact with grace and professional judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently and deadlines are often under significant time pressure
- Ability to work independently, manage, and effectively prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and keen attention to detail
- Solid work ethic, positive attitude, and strong business judgment
- Designation of, or demonstrated progress towards, an MBA or CFA preferred
Investor Services Analyst JOB FAMILY
Wellington Funds Group LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .