Investor Relations Coordinator, AVP
Who we are looking for
Investor Relations is responsible for all communications with State Street's shareholders and sell-side analysts. As a liaison, Investor Relations communicates between market participants and State Street's Board of Directors and Management Committee. The IR Specialist role will assist in the overall functioning of IR while having the opportunity to analyze research, participate in forming communication, and contribute end-to-end to IR activity efforts. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. As Investor Relations, AVP you will IR Activity & Targeting
Quarterly Earning Process
- Develops IR activity plan, including the maintenance and targeting of shareholders, working with our surveillance firm and broker/dealers to help put together a comprehensive plan that covers the appropriate investor segments and geographies required to achieve our objectives.
- Coordinates and participates in the updating of investor relations materials, maintaining the IR portion of the website, investor presentations, contact management system, and shareholder ownership/targeting reports.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of, roadshows/marketing, on- and off-site meetings, analyst days, and other periodic investor events
- Assists with the collection and preparation of information for meetings briefings for the executive team
- Maintains and tracks events within the investor relations contact management database, including meeting notes as provided by the VP, MD and EVP of Investor Relations
- Schedule the earnings conference call and earnings webcast; manage live broadcast and moderate with conference operator
Annual Meeting and Investor Day
- Collect and distribute peer earnings dates to IR team
- Develop investor targeting each quarter and propose specific investor firms for CFO and Global Head of Investor Relations to speak with
- Maintain and update the Moderator and Head of IR scripts for each earnings call
- Process earnings release document through the external vendors system to distribute to the public wires in a timely manner (BusinessWire, ChorusCall for webcast, and S&P Global for website)
- Setup conference calls and webcasts with external vendors
IR Website and Inbox
- Manages the logistics of the Annual Meeting of Shareholders and Investor Day in coordination with Marketing, Communications and Legal department
- Enters Annual Meeting date in to the NYSE's Listing Manager website
- Manages check-in desk for Annual Meeting and coordinates external attendees and internal volunteers
- Create agenda for Investor Day and manage all other administrative duties
- Researches and responds to individual investor requests through the IR website and IR Inbox ensuring timely, accurate, and courteous responses
- Manages the IR website to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the information posted. Ensure public financial information on the web site is updated as required
FGP Program Management
- Types of press releases include: earnings press release, IR activity announcement press release, dividend press release, and ad hoc press release
- Draft and circulate press releases for appropriate reviews
- Notify MC members of press release
- Release press release on BusinessWire
- Enter dividend information on NYSE's Listing Manager website
What we value
- Manage the Finance Graduate Program from beginning to end including recruiting, maintain relationships with managers, developing curriculum, and analyzing talent assessments
- Develop and implement programs and networking opportunities for Finance Graduate Program participants
- Maintain and continuously update timeline and procedures for Finance Graduate Program
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- The Investor Relations Coordinator is responsible for generating the strategic investor (IR) relations activity and targeting plans and provide logistical and project management support for various aspects of the development and execution of the company's investor relations programs. This individual will report to the Global Head of Investor Relations to: develop the IR activity plan, including the maintenance and targeting of shareholders; support the earnings release process; manage company events such as the Annual Shareholders Meeting and Investor Day; coordinate meetings for industry conferences; assist in investor meetings preparation; compile executive briefings and assist with the tracking of investor ownership, including keeping the investor platform database/contact management system up to date and providing key reporting out of this database.
- In addition to IR program responsibilities, this individual will be responsible for overseeing the Finance Graduate Program by providing learning and networking sessions with senior leaders in the bank, assisting the recruitment process, collecting assessments and feedback and communicating with HR and Talent Councils, and onboarding each new candidate. This position requires an ambitious self-starter, with excellent Microsoft office skills, knowledge of databases that support the IR function, knowledge of press release dissemination and an ability to work with all areas of Finance in support of senior executives.
- Internal relationships: Global Head of IR, IR team, Chief Financial Officer's office and Finance executives, FP&A, Controller, Treasurer, General Counsel, Securities and Finance Lawyers, Chief Also responsible for interacting with vendors that provide data and information that supports the function.Technology Officer, Marketing and Communication Officer, Human Resources, Strategy, leaders in operating divisions, and their teams.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, and execution skills with unwavering attention to detail and accuracy in all work performed
- Experience in Investor Relations and Finance
- Ability to interact with top management and outside stakeholders, such as the financial community in a professional a An energetic, efficient, flexible, collaborative and resourceful team player and individual contributor with a sense of urgency and an insatiable appetite to learn
- An energetic, efficient, flexible, collaborative and resourceful team player and individual contributor with a sense of urgency and an insatiable appetite to learn
- Proven ability to successfully navigate multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Fact Set and other programs used in IR is a plus
About State Street What we do.
- Analytical, enhanced project management and technical skills
- Understands, in depth, the company's leaders, strategies, operating units/operations, technologies, and financial performance expectations
- Strategic communication, presentation and interpretation skills
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers