Investment Strategy Analyst, Fundamental Factor Platform
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Investment Strategy (iStrat) team is part of Wellington's Investment Platform, and is responsible for multi-asset, multi-manager and custom solutions research and portfolio management. iStrat collectively manages a range of outcome-oriented, factor and thematic portfolios on behalf of clients. The iStrat team also provides bespoke research and advice across various topics such as asset allocation, fundamental factors, thematic investing and manager research. The Fundamental Factor Platform (FFP) team manages approximately $38 billion in AUM and conducts original research on factor investing, risk management, manager evaluation, analytical systems, and portfolio construction. FFP's mission is to be a trusted partner to the firm's clients by conducting independent manager and factor research, creating innovative strategies to solve client challenges, advising clients on opportunities and risks in their portfolios, or directly generating investment performance through solutions to meet client-directed objectives.
We are seeking to recruit an Investment Strategy Analyst (Analyst) to work with Wellington's iStrat FFP Team. The role requires a solid understanding of investment management, risk management and portfolio construction concepts. The Analyst will be focused on helping the FFP team conduct research for their proprietary factor and manager research platform, and will contribute to investment solution proposals and client analytics capabilities. QUALIFICATIONS
A successful candidate will have:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Minimum of 2-6 years of relevant experience and a good working knowledge of various asset classes and risk analysis gained from experience in institutional investment or risk management, and/or investment consulting.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for rigorous research, markets and the intersection of technology and investment management.
- Proven ability to ramp in analytics and technology competency. Demonstrated agility and experience working with data and processes in a highly effective manner. Programming skills, such as Python, are a plus.
- Familiarity with risk management, portfolio construction, and/or discounted cash flow frameworks a plus, but not required (e.g. knowledge of common industry tools such as Barra, Axioma, optimization, HOLT, etc.).
- Ability to:
- Thrive in a multi-faceted, fast paced environment with multiple competing deadlines.
- Work independently as well as part of a highly collaborative team where respectful debate is encouraged to best deliver client outcomes.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential traits, as are versatility and creative problem solving.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong academic credentials. CFA progression is a plus.
Investment Strategy Analyst, Fundamental Factor Platform LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .