Investment Strategist, Vice President
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) - Vice President - Investment Strategist The Company
State Street Global Advisors is the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutions.
We are a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with $3.05 trillion in assets under management as of June 20, 2020. For four decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. The firm employs more than 2,500 people in 28 global offices, and has nine investment centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
The Investment Strategist role is part of the State Street Global Advisors Global Fiduciary Solutions ("GFS") team, which manages approximately $125 billion of institutional assets across the US and Europe. The GFS business is a growth priority for State Street Global Advisors with global dedicated teams principally in Boston, MA and Stamford, CT. Our range of services includes asset liability modeling, asset allocation recommendations, manager search, selection and oversight, ongoing portfolio management including rebalancing and liquidity management, overlay hedging, reporting, audit support and trustee education. Job Description
The Investment Strategist will be responsible for developing and implementing client centric strategic asset allocation plans, including incorporating capital market assumptions, asset class characteristics, and funding policy into a coherent and executable program. Just as important, the person will have a history of developing acceptance and communicating with all stakeholders, especially senior client management, investment committee, and portfolio construction team. Just as important, you will have the proven ability to listen, evaluate, and incorporate client objectives into the strategic asset allocation plan and communicate with internal and external partners on complex investment activities in a clear and concise way.
We are seeking upbeat and organized individuals to support SSGA's worldwide growth. An effective Strategist should possess high-end interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication capabilities, real passion for investment management and embrace teamwork. Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Work directly with Investment Strategists, Client Executives, internal and external actuaries and clients
- Collaborate with client executives to address any client strategic asset allocation issues, concerns, and opportunities
- Help develop long term (5+ years) client specific strategic asset allocation plans
- Consult with clients on investment strategy, funding and de-risking policies
- Maintain periodic client contact as the investment plan is implemented
- Assess and communicate impact of current legal and regulatory environment on investment strategies for DB plans
- Knowledge of investment markets and institutional investors (Pension Plans, Endowments and Foundations)
- Experience with US and/or UK defined benefit plan design, Asset Liability Modeling (ALM) studies, pension risk management and forecasting is required
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience with institutional asset managers or investment consulting
- CFA or MBA preferred
- Experience in working with ALM tools and pension risk systems is a significant plus.
- Demonstrate initiative and work independently; aptitude to self-direct and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, meets deadlines, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and presentation; ability to effectively communicate recommendations and rationale to internal parties and clients as well as demonstrated ability to influence outcomes
- Build and maintain professional relationships with internal and external parties
- Thrives in business building environment with changing priorities
- Self-motivated individual with intellectual curiosity, high energy level, strong work ethic and demonstrated personal and professional integrity
As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.