Investment Risk Manager
Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the global asset management division of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking an Investment Risk Manager to be based in Boston, MA or Minneapolis, MN. This role will independently measure, analyze, monitor, and manage investment risk across Columbia Threadneedle's collection of funds. The Risk Manager will need a comprehensive understanding of how portfolios are constructed and managed along with experience with risk modelling techniques and their applications. This is an outstanding role with a lot of variety and chance to create an impact!
We embrace diversity and equip you to reach your potential! We provide employees with competitive compensation and rewards. Our comprehensive benefits support your health and help you balance your career and personal life. Responsibilities
• Providing thought leadership to the firm's risk management process by using existing tools and adopting new and innovative methods
• Analyzing portfolios, monitoring trends, and escalating issues with portfolio managers, front office management, and business leaders
• Developing strong relationships and collaborating with the portfolio managers and risk analysts to increase risk awareness in the portfolio construction process
• Collaborate with the Head of Investment Risk, senior risk managers, and Investment Team on projects, enhancements to existing processes, and research of ad-hoc risk issues, as needed.
• Representing Investment Risk in committees, processes, and functions
• Discussing risk management and insights with third parties, including clients, consultants, and other relevant parties, as needed
• Supporting the business with value-adding quantitative analysis.
• Working with the product development team to help them develop and launch new products.
• Relationships will include: Investment Risk team, Portfolio Managers, Product development, IT, Distribution, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Senior Management, and Institutional Clients. Required Qualifications
• Experience and familiarity with investment risk, financial markets, financial instruments, and portfolio construction
• A proactive self-starter, with strong leadership skills, desire to collaborate, ability to handle multiple initiatives, and intellectual curiosity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate complex analyses and conclusions to partners Preferred Qualifications
• BA/BS in a quantitative field of study
• Experience providing investment risk management oversight and the ability to influence portfolio managers as necessary
• Preference will be given to candidates with any of the following designations: CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), FRM (Financial Risk Manager), or PRM (Professional Risk Manager)
• Solid understanding of derivatives and usage in portfolios
• Experience and familiarity with Blackrock Aladdin and/or data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
• 6+ years of proven experience, preferably in an Investment Risk Management role
• While not required, programming experience with Excel VBA, SQL Server/Access databases, and/or programming language (e.g., Python, R or MATLAB) can be useful About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.