Investment Research Interns (Python) - Summer 2020
Investment Research Intern s
Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, Tokyo and Sydney. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately US$98 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad. Position O verview:
We are seeking several exceptionally talented and motivated individuals for the position of I nvestment R esearch I ntern . Interns will have the opportunity to work with senior researchers and portfolio managers . This is a hands - on opportunity for individuals to gain experience at a top-tier quantitative investment management firm. Successful candidates will apply their statistics and Python coding skills in a dynamic work environment to support the develop ment of sophisticated investment models.
Qualified candidates will be expected to pass a Python coding test as part of the interview process. Responsibilities :
- Conducting analysis of text data using various algorithmic approaches, e.g., reliably to extract and identify key entities
- Assisting with portfolio oversight across different strategies, including risk management and attribution; researching b etter alpha transfer into portfolios
- Writing code and analyzing data to test potential improvements to Acadian's investment process
- Progress towards a Bachelor's , Master's , or PhD degree in finance, math , computer science or other analytical discipline required
- P rogramming experience required; working knowledge of Python , SQL , or similar languages preferred
- Strong statistic s and data management skills and a willingness to independently dissect, evaluate, and interpret results
- A bility to translate qualitative intuition and insights into testable hypotheses
- Motivation to learn quickly an d formulate ideas independently
- Superior written and verbal communication skill s
- Ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other interns and investment professionals
To view all of Acadian's open positions please visit the Careers section of our websi te at http://www.acadian-asset.com/Careers/Job-opportunities . We will contact only selected candidates.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.