Investment Product Manager-Domestic Equity
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 07 Nov 17 2017-11-07
See job description for details
The Investment Product Manager works on a variety of projects and initiatives in the areas of product strategy, development, management & advocacy for Fidelity's investment products. Partnering with Asset Management, Personal & Workplace Investing and the Institutional businesses, this role plays a critical support function for Fidelity's $2.0T product offering, and requires someone with significant analytical skills, communication skills, and high energy to help move the business forward.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- 5 years of business experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in investments
- Excellent project management skills
- Understanding of Fidelity's distribution channels
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills. A highly effective communicator.
- Demonstrated experience as a contributing member of a high performing team
The Purpose of Your Role
The Investment Product Manager will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing asset growth, performance & competitive trends, market & platform share, as well as maintaining product collateral & sales training materials for his/her area of coverage. Working collaboratively with business partners and other product team members, the Investment Product Manager is a key resource across the product team. Reporting to the Vice President of Investment Product, this individual should display investment knowledge, should be highly proficient in critical thinking & data analysis, and should display excellent project management and communication skills.
The Skills You Bring
- Analyze sales for Fidelity mutual funds relative to competitors and market conditions
- Study competition to develop product ideas or selling strategies
- Review legal and marketing materials for accuracy of positioning, pricing and performance
- Maintain content to support sales and distribution for the Personal Investment, Workplace Investment and FFAS distribution channels, in collaboration with marketing
- Maintain quarterly product line review materials
- Understand and communicate fund performance, considering current market conditions, industry and Fidelity platform / customer trends
- Collaborate on broader strategic initiatives to develop insights and recommendations based on data analysis
- Respond accurately and quickly to detailed questions from channel partners / client-facing teams
The Value You Deliver
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, data modeling and communication capabilities (advanced Powerpoint and Excel required)
- Ability to successfully work in teams, with an eagerness to take initiative, and able to navigate a complex environment with multiple stakeholders
- Proven project management and organizational skills
- A working knowledge of third party investment analytical tools would be helpful (Morningstar Direct, Strategic Insight's Simfund and eVestment Alliance), but are not required
- Fidelity and/or financial industry experience is required
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
With end-to-end responsibility for product strategy, development, management and advocacy for all Fidelity-managed investment strategies, the Fidelity Investment Product Group is at the nexus of Fidelity's asset management and distribution businesses across all asset classes - Fixed Income, Equity, High Income and Global Asset Allocation.
The Investment Product Group has an unequaled competitive advantage in using Fidelity's proprietary customer data-driven insights to optimize existing products and inspire new ones, including innovative solutions that address investors' unmet needs. We closely partner with Fidelity's investment professionals and distribution channels to deliver on a product strategy that provides innovative solutions reflecting the breadth of Fidelity's investment capabilities. When you join our team, you become part of Fidelity's mission to provide the best customer experience in the financial services industry.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.